Man Eats Metallic Bristle From Grill Brush

Posted By Staff

Date: May 21st, 2012

Category: Nutty News

RIVER EDGE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – A New Jersey man’s brush with death last week was apparently due to a grilling tool.

Michael DeStafan went to Hackensack University Medical Center thinking he had appendicitis after experiencing excruciating pain in his stomach.

Doctors conducted tests and found a 1 ½-inch-long metallic object had pierced the 54-year-old’s large intestine. Doctors thought he had swallowed a nail, fish hook or paper.

DeStafan’s wife figured out one of the metal bristles on his grill brush broke off, got stuck to the grill grate and embedded itself in the shell steak her husband had cooked and eaten days before visiting the hospital.  Full Article

Bookmark and Share

Leave a Reply