GM is losing $49,000 on each Volt it builds

Posted By Staff

Date: September 10th, 2012

Category: Nutty News

USA – General Motors Co sold a record number of Chevrolet Volt sedans in August – but that probably isn’t a good thing for the automaker’s bottom line.

Nearly two years after the introduction of the path-breaking plug-in hybrid, GM is still losing as much as $49,000 on each Volt it builds, according to estimates provided to Reuters by industry analysts and manufacturing experts.

Cheap Volt lease offers meant to drive more customers to Chevy showrooms this summer may have pushed that loss even higher.

There are some Americans paying just $5,050 to drive around for two years in a vehicle that cost as much as $89,000 to produce.  Full Article


Nutty News TodayNutty News VideosToday’s Nutty JokeNutty FactsStrange CrimesNutty News Facebook Fan Page


Bookmark and Share

2 Responses to “GM is losing $49,000 on each Volt it builds”

  1. FedUpWithIt Says:

    and that just comes out of the 30% of the bailout money that stayed in the USA. the other 70% went to China & other foreign manufacturers.
    and we wonder why the debt is climbing so much under this community organizer that some dumbazzes elected president.

  2. Sam Says:

    I am sorry there are people taking economics and finance trying hard to earn a great job like GM. Then there are losers that are already running a great company and they decide to lose money. Something does not make sense. There’s got be more to this story that is unsaid.

Leave a Reply