Man killed by his pet cat

Posted By Staff

Date: June 30th, 2016

catThe Toronto man looked in ill health generally, had vague abdominal pains and was wheezing when he showed up at the emergency department after falling at home.

Two weeks later — despite major surgery and intensive antibiotic treatment — he was dead, septic shock having shut down his vital organs.

The cause was as surprising as his precipitous decline: a bite on the thumb from a pet cat.

The nip transmitted bacteria common to household animals, which in turn triggered a seldom-reported complication — an aneurysm in the thick vessel that delivers blood to much of the body, according to a newly published case study by the doctors who tried to save the man.  More

Today’s Nutty Joke

NUTTY NEWS APPs: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch – Android

Nutty News Today – Nutty Videos – Nutty News on Twitter - Nutty Videos on Twitter Nutty News on Facebook - Strange Crimes - True Crime Stories – FBI Most Wanted – Amber Alerts – Strange Facts - Today’s Nutty Joke - Technology News - USA Politics

Bookmark and Share

Leave a Reply